Discover the Secrets to Spotting Phishing Attacks Before You Become Yet Another Victim…
Email is the most common source of malware and virus infections. Why? Because email is the gateway to your company; and while it’s an incredibly convenient way for your staff members to communicate with one another, clients, and partners, it’s also an incredibly convenient way for cybercriminals to hack your systems and steal confidential information.
Phishing attacks flow into inboxes like yours significantly more during the months before the holidays…
Are you confident your employees would be able to spot a phishing attack before it’s too late? Phishing attacks flow into inboxes like yours all throughout the year, however; they become significantly more common and sophisticated during the months before the holidays.
Top secrets you need to know in order to spot phishing attacks before you become yet another victim:
- Poor spelling and grammar: If you’re on a major corporation’s website or you receive an email from a major corporation and it’s filled with spelling and grammar mistakes, it’s likely not legitimate.
- Asking for personal information: No matter how official the email seems, reputable companies don’t ask for personal information via email, such as passwords, credit card numbers, or anything else.
- Offers that seem too good to be true: If you end up on a website, receiving an email, or coming across a popup saying you’ve won something fantastic, it’s likely a phishing attack.
- Being asked to send money: If you receive an email that seems to be from a family member or friend asking for money due to an emergency, make sure to contact that individual prior to sending anything.
- A sense of extreme urgency: In many cases, hackers make it seem very urgent that you provide personal information/financial details or something terrible will happen. Don’t fall for this scam.
Don’t become yet another victim to phishing attacks. Safeguard your email against hackers before it’s too late. Contact TMS Tech at (800) 519-1872 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.