If you take a look around, it’s a mystery that the human race is tied to their technology. Many of us use smartphones and tablets every day to get our work done, to communicate with friends and family, to feed us information, to help us be more efficient in everyday life, to aid us in our hobbies, and to entertain us. In their research, Gartner recently found that over 1.2 billion smart devices were purchased in 2013 alone, opening up new market opportunities for technology innovators to explore. XD Design is certainly rising to the occasion with an impressive line of solar-powered battery chargers.
If you are a mobile device user, you’ve experienced one of the worst feelings of betrayal that life has to offer; when your battery dies. Until recently, a dead battery condemned its owner to a time without productivity, communication, and Angry Birds. Thankfully, portable batteries and chargers have hit the market to give our devices the extra boost they need. However, these devices require electricity to charge, which isn’t doing the environment any favors by adding to the enormous carbon footprint. XD Design now offers several battery charging options that use solar panels to convert the sun’s energy into battery chargers for our devices. If you are environmentally conscious, you may want to take a peek at these following models:
- Tab – Packed with a powerful 2,600 mAh battery, the Tab solar charger is designed specifically for tablet battery charging, though it can certainly charge any cell phone. Tab even snugly props up any tablet for use while it’s being charged.
- Wallet – This tiny portable charging unit was designed to travel with the user in – you guessed it – their wallet (though, we give you permission to carry it anywhere you like). This 1,300 mAh battery charger replenishes smartphones quickly, and on the go.
- Sunflower – Unlike the Wallet, this charger was designed to stay stationary on a desktop. It’s equipped with a single solar panel and a 2,500 mAh battery. This one is great for users with limited desk space.
- Port – The Port charger has the ability to stick to any window to catch rays for its 1,000 mAh battery. This is a great solution to even use in a car.
- Window – Like the Port charger, the Window sticks to windows to expose its solar panel. Window is significantly larger and handles a larger charge of 1,400 mAh. It’s great for users who have windows by their desks.
- Sunshine – Visually intriguing, this charger looks like an arrangement of lilies, with five solar panels to charge its 2,600 mAh battery. The Sunshine charger is a unique addition to any desk.
- Suntree – Similar to the visual appeal of the Sunshine, the Suntree features nine solar panels at the ends of fabricated wooden branches to power its 1,330 mAh battery.
Solar energy is an excellent alternative to electricity use for a few different reasons, mainly cost and energy consumption. XD Design solar chargers provide excellent solutions for smart devices when they need that extra boost to get through the work day.
At TMS, we specialize in finding solutions that fit your business wants and needs. Integrating green technology is a great solution for any business wanting to contribute to the health of our planet, while boosting their PR reputation. For more information about how your company can use technology to aid your green campaign, call us today at 1 (626) 737-2960.