We are looking for loyal, personable and talented technicians to provide monitoring, management and hardware support services for our client’s servers, networks, workstations and applications. Our clients are typically 10 to 100 users. Positions require at least 1 year of proven computer repair experience, thorough PC knowledge, and excellent customer service skills. Certifications in computer repair and networking such as: A+, Microsoft, HP, Apple, etc., are a plus for level I positions. Certifications such as MCSE, MCITP, CNE, and/or CCDA/CCNA are preferred for level II & III positions.
We have a tight-knit group of network engineers on staff and are particularly interested with hiring technicians on board who will fit well in our environment. The successful candidate will:
- be highly organized
- be able to self-manage
- have good written and oral communication skills
- possess an inclination for learning new technologies quickly
- have Service / Help Desk and / or NOC experience
- At least one year experience in the trenches diagnosing hardware issues, administering networks and performing end user support
Have experience or certification with:
- Windows 2003, 2008, SBS Server OS
- Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
- MS SQL
- Active Directory Services
- Experience in a multi-platform environment
- Remote access solutions (Terminal Services, Citirx)
- Firewalls and routers
- LANs WANs
- Network backup technologies
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- MS Office applications including MS Outlook
- Corporate Antivirus solutions
- Androids, Blackberries, iPhones, Windows Mobile Devices,
- Certifications are a plus
- The most important skill is interpersonal. You will be working daily with our customers from the end user to the executive level. You will be ensuring the integrity of all information systems at our clients.
Hours and environment
Your hours will be variable.
Most of the time you’ll enjoy a 40 hour week. However if there are major problems, like a network fault to be fixed, or there’s a project, you’ll probably find yourself on a twilight shift to make sure you can do the work with minimum disruption to the company’s normal working day. This is shared out on a rotation so it’s not always you that’s on call.
You’ll also be on call to cover any problems that come up outside working hours. Again this will be done on a rotation so it’s not always you.
It’s a mainly an office based role thanks to modern technology you can manage the technology in different locations remotely using our RMM tools. You will be required to travel between client sites to oversee that everything is up to par, do a general health check, and for anything that can’t be done remotely.